Tonight was Chili night! I usually use all ground beef or a mixture of ground beef and ground turkey, but I had some leftover steak that really needed to be used up and it turned out to be an awesome mix for this chili.
Frugal Tasty Beefy Chili
- 1lb of round steak
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 15.5 oz of red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Brown ground beef and round steak in your chili pot with the diced onion. No need to add oil as you're ground beef has enough fat to keep your meat from sticking.
- Drain the fat off in a colander over a bowl and return pan to the stovetop.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, kidney beans all of the spices to the pan.
- Simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes and then stir in cornstarch to thicken.
- Lower heat and simmer on low until serving.
My favorite way to serve this is with cheesy biscuits or garlic bread.