It started with a wire laundry basket and some canning jars I already had in the kitchen at home. We cleaned them well of course!
He used a dremel to take off the metal handle at the top and then used some pliers to piece together and attach some chain we bought for .50 cents a foot at the hardware store.
Then my hard working contribution! I got to screw the lighting hardware on the lids!
Then my husband used his magical electrical skills to rig all the wires together!
You'll see from the hanging version, my husband cut a beveled piece of wood to put in the bottom. The jars were very unsteady, so he hot glued the bottoms to the wood for security.
And LET THERE BE LIGHT! I love it. It's so beautiful and it's a handmade project that was so fun to do together.